CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, September 7, 2007

So the thing about trust is....

So I realize I start 90% of my posts with "so". Random thought, but that's me. Anywho, on to the post. We went to Flemington for the Revelation Generation festival and Labor Day. We decided to take our pup, Speedy. It was his first big trip in the car. The ride out to Flemington was pretty bad. We'd gotten sedatives for him, but didn't have enough time for them to take effect before we had to get under way. We also had car trouble on the way out, so long story short, we're careening, ala "Speed" around the circles in Flemington and Speedy is pacing in the back, eventually loosing his bread that we had to feed his pill to him with. But after a good weekend, filled with off the leash roaming, steak bones and love from every person in sight, we were ready to head home. We gave Speedy his pill plenty of time in advance (so much so that he was tripping around staring at butterflies) and then loaded him in the car. We'd laid down the plastic sheet, he had the whole backseat to himself with his bed and his favorite pillow, yet he never fell asleep. He kept trying to get up, putting his paw up on the console between the front seats. So I wondered aloud to Joey, "Why doesn't he just trust us. He knows we love him and we're not getting rid of him" (we think his previous owner may have given him cause to fear the car) but for some reason, he still hasn't let go and won't trust us completely. There's still a wariness in his eyes that says he's not sure if we're the ones who will love him for the rest of his life. Then it hit me. I'm asking my little clueless pup to do the same thing God is asking of me. God's got wonderful things in store for me, and the journey itself is part of the adventure. Yet I won't just lay down and trust Him. How much better would it be if I would.

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I do the "so" thing all the time. (So, I thought I lost your blog address, but alas, I found it!) Why is it so hard to trust God? He's never failed, but it is hard nonetheless.....

number 5 said...

i literally spent several hours just thinking about the "so" thing... one conclusion i've reached - we use it in conversational writing to make it seem as if we are continuing in a conversation that's already taken place... in the sense that "so"s a conjunction tying things together... i think for me at least i use it when writing blogs, etc. cause in a way i want the reader to feel they've been involved in my thought process...

(wow. some people think WAY TOO MUCH!)