CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 16, 2007

Never Alone

So I've been feeling rather alone lately. I've been feeling like I'm going through something entirely, horribly unique. But in the last 5 days, I've had talks with 2 people who are in varying stages of my exact confusing frustration. I know the Bible says that the Lord will never leave you nor forsake you, but it's also very encouraging to know that He gives you human bodies to commiserate with. Sometimes you really need that human body to let you know that you will be actually able to make it through. I made the mistake of praying that God would use our vacation to change me, to change my outlook. I wanted to see myself as He sees me. I had all these romanticized notions of a magic "poof" moment where all would finally be fixed and amazing. Unfortunately, before I can see myself in that advanced state, I get to see all the ugliness that needs fixed. Yay. But at least I know I'm going in the right direction. Joey had a picture in his head a while back of us standing on the close side of a giant cavern, with God on the other side reaching out His hand to us. The path we had been on ended at the cavern's opening. On God's side, it was a wild, untamed wilderness. We could either choose to stay on our side of the cavern with its clearly marked path, or take God's hand and jump across. Once we would go across, we would be unable to get back across to the 'safe' side. Also, once across, we would have to stick closely to God so as to not loose our way. We're well into the wilderness now, and sometimes I lag behind and lose sight of God. Thankfully, He's got one eye on where we're going and one eye on us. I have a feeling it's going to be a wild journey. Here goes nothing!

1 comments:

number 5 said...

know what you mean... like sometimes i feel like i can glimpse the destination... almost as if it's a dream... (and sometimes those glimpses become more and more concrete) but have NO CLUE the route... i just have to keep saying "God, show me the next step" - but i remember that He's not just in control of the end result, but each step of the process as well - and His will is "good, pleasing and perfect" and so i am reminded "be still and know that I am God" "you will seek Me and find Me, when you seek Me with all your heart"

be encouraged - i love you and am praying for you!