CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Delayed Start

So as I looked around at my favorite blogs, I realized everyone else had done some sort of "it's a new year, here's my first post" kind of thing... yeah. Me, not so much. Here it is January 9th, and I'm just now getting the candy canes down of the page. My tin tree is still up, the ornaments are hung on the garland over the door. It just seems like a microcosm of my holiday. I had such a good one what with the annual football game and seeing my family, whom I love dearly.

I mean, just look at these folks, how can you not love them?? But throughout the holiday I still had that sense of unresolve (I know brother. I don't care if it's a word or not. I want to use it so I will. Truthiness.) hanging over my head. I even came home with it. Joey had to pry my fingers from my parents door and then from the couch in the Poconos just to make me come home. But I came. And the Wednesday, resolve came swiftly and unexpectedly. Thanks to my lovely brother and his well timed gifts (just check out John Piper and not be changed, I dare ya!) I felt somehow more at ease with the skillet that was being aimed at my head. So here I sit, 9 days into January. I have nothing more to look forward to in the football world, although I am wearing my new Ohio State sweatshirt and hat because I, sir, am no fair-weather fan. I have a million things still hanging over me at work (thus I sit here ready to attack my office computer as soon as I finish this post...) and I don't think I've actually received any answers to my deep rooted questions of why and how. Or maybe I have. He's been saying all along "I AM" and I kept acknowledging that it was the answer to my "Who" but refusing to let it be my answer to the "Hows" and "Whys" of my life. So yes. Today I move forward not knowing any more about where I'm headed in this new year, but I know that He will never leave me nor forsake me and that He will keep me from falling until that day I am presented faultless before Him. Do you know that?
On that note... a pic of Speedy's trip home to brighten the day.

Notice his blanket there to the right of the picture. And notice that he is indeed, belted in to the driver's side back seat. Yet, he has crawled across to the middle of the back seat and perched himself in his bag of stuff. He didn't root around to get into his food, he merely wanted to sit IN the bag. Stayed there most of the trip. Crazy dog!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm glad you had such a fantastic time, and I'm glad you put such an adorable picture of Speedy in there. I think I am falling in love.

number 5 said...

i miss you doggie... and sarah and joey too :) it was great to have you around for so long this time! oh, i just keep telling people that i know halfway what it feels like to be a fan of the buffalo bills. more later... tata (you can pronounce that in either way you'd like.)