CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

ACK! I'M IT!

So I was tagged by Natalie. And since I don't want tiny leprechauns to rapel out of my nose, I will attempt to follow the rules as quickly and wonderfully as possible. I will give one quick caveat. I'm new to this blogging thing, and not many people read it, so I don't have 6 folks to tag back... I will tag the two names on my list. Hopefully that will stave off the leprechauns.
Next... I had to actuallly google the term "meme" and this is what I found: MEME Yeah, so here are the rules I'm supposed to include:
(1)Link to the person who tagged you...check (2) Post the rules on your blog..doing that.. check. (3) Share 6 non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself... see below... check. (4) Tag six random peope at the end of your post by linking to their blogs...well, see the previous caveat and then....check. And (5) let the random people know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their website....check.
Six quirky things bout me....
1: I have inherited my mom's love of interesting socks. Along with all the other things she's given me, I find fun socks nearly irresistable at the stores. Right now in fact I'm pairing my stripey ones with my pointy steve madden heels, my drama team calls this my wicked witch of the west look. (thanks Nat for this idea... good luck with the care bear heads not being morbid...)
2: I assign random quirky things to everything I need to remember. I had to walk my boss through my process of receipting things here at New City, and he kept coming up with all these questions to which my answer was "Well, I just know". Yeah, like how I use the customer name for the Nagel's without the extra space in it because it drives me nuts. Or how I know we have to go on the Turnpike going North to get home because I always feel like we should go South, so therefore it's the opposite of what I feel. Yeah, doesn't make sense but in my head it does.
3: Rush Limbaugh's voice is soothing to me. Drives my boss absolutely nuts, but when I'm sitting at my desk, I need to have Rush on during his show. I suppose I listen subconsciously, but there's something about the tone of his voice that's soothing while I'm here at work. He's talking right now about the WV caucuses which reminds me I have to go vote today.
4: I love it when I master new things and can put them into action. Yup, makes me feel powerful and smart. Notice my liberal use of links today. I was so bummed the other night when I did my last post because I was using Joey's mac and it wouldn't let me have the option to make links. I went back and edited the post today just so I could point you in the right direction to read about the body divot. WOO HOO! Powerful AND smart! This also applies to any report that needs run in Quickbooks. I just now figured out how to toggle back and forth into the non-profit edition. Showed it off to my boss today. Yup, powerful AND smart.
5: I secretly want to grow up and be Rachael Ray. I don't think she actually went to a culinary school, but her recipes are DELISH! She gets to travel, cook, be on tv and she's so much fun. Yeah, would love to be her. And thanks to my amazing friend Chris, we're going to see her on the 20th of February. That's one of the things on my 30 at 30 list to cross off. SWEET!
6: I REALLY REALLY REALLY like ice cream cake. So much so in fact that I made one myself this weekend for the superbowl party. It was in the shape of a football. Chocolate ice cream on top then chocolate syrup then crunched up cookie pieces then dulce de leche sauce then cookies and cream ice cream. Covered it all with more cookie pieces then drew laces on with gel icing. SOOOOO YUMMY and SOOOO AWESOME! Chocolate is wonderful, and I like brownies but man, you could so totally get me to do pretty much anything for ice cream cake.
So I think I did it... let me tag these people.
Steveuf
Jenn Bishop
Yay! This was fun. Thanks Nat!

1 comments:

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you had fun! I did not know we shared the same strange sock fascination. Too cool. I do the same thing (I think) for remembering things... "Let's see, I always feel like this is what I should do, so that's probably what I shouldn't do....."