CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 29, 2008

Dashboard Confessional

I'm a sucker for teen pop. Catchy, overhyped, bouncy, cheesy, corny teen pop. I'm taking Joe on a vacation this weekend. Fulfilling yet another one of my 30 @ 30 list (by the way, you could see my back on Wednesday's Rachel Ray with Joan Allen, we taped a couple of episodes while we were there, so keep an eye out for the episode with Jessie Martin from Law & Order, he spent the whole interview looking at me and Chris' sister Toni, so I think we'll be heavily in that episode.. #20 fulfilled!!) Anywho, so I'm going all out for this... Joe guessed where we're going (Stratton, VT) but I was putting together an itunes playlist entitled "Roadtrip"to surprise him. 6.5 hours of hyper, fun, catchy songs that will keep us both awake on the drive. One of the songs I wanted to download however was a song that Joey angrily flipped off on the way home from the Poconos last week.... See You Again by Miley Cyrus. Now I wish I was original and fantabulous like Natalie (who knew Colbie Caillat was awesome way before the rest of the world heard "Bubbly".) Now, granted, as I'm letting this playlist roll while I'm typing the blog, A Strange Education by the Cinematics is playing, but that is clearly one of Joe's downloads (a single of the week that he deemed worthy enough to actually download.) And also on the list by my choice are such classics as Take it Easy from the Eagles, and of course Sweet Home Alabama (strangely, we're driving north not south, but still, its a 'dance in the car' song none the less, the criteria for this list) But I must admit, that with 30 seconds left on the Cinematics song, I've just fast forwarded to "Where is the Love" from the Black Eyed Peas, featuring Justin Timberlake. Yes. That Justin Timberlake. I know there is a fixed musical theory that goes into making a "hit" song that is predictable as the next boy band. And I love feeling cool that the number 2 preset in the Jeep is the last public jazz station in the country. I pride myself on my diversity of interests when it comes to music. But when I set out on the road for long periods of time, I just want a good, bubble-gum pop song to get me through. I know this is a closet obsession, but I know I must not be alone... so pony up! What is your favorite guilty pleasure song of all time??? Show me the love ya'll, Take it Easy, let the Sweet Emotion flow, jump in your Fast Car, 'cause Life is a Highway and I was Born to Be Wild. (bonus points for anyone who knows the artists on all these!)

6 comments:

Natalie said...

I must confess that it was Alece in South Africa who gave me an early introduction to Colbie.

I too love bubble gum pop. Justin Timberlake is always entertaining. You need to check out Datarock. THAT is fun music.

number 5 said...

ok - first and foremost - i want clarification that you used "dashboard confessional" as a title for cuteness/humor and the fact that you are going on a roadtrip in a vehicle with a dashboard and not considering it "teen pop"... cause there's way more angst there than cheesy pop... LOL

also - the link for 30 at 30 takes me back to reread the post about you having such a list... but does nothing to fulfill my desire to SEE THE LIST!!! lol - maybe i'm aunt lois??? (send me your list)

Sarah said...

Indeed, I was using the title for the humor factor... totally agree with the angst.. however, the bast combination is the angst-riddled teen pop, ala every slow boy-band song ever! Will e-mail the list next time I'm off the couch.

Sarah said...

I meant "best" not "bast" I blame pain meds.

Natalie said...

I agree with the need to see the list. Where's the list!

Jennifer said...

So when are we gonna get to see some pictures of your Vermont Escapade?