CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Superchick and the Tao of Life

Jennn, thanks for reminding me...
I have long since decided that Superchick lyrics are some of the most encouraging and uplifting, to myself at least. There's One Girl Revolution for those days I want to kick butt and take names, Let It Be for when I'm feeling particularly beat up and Help Me Out God for those days when I just need to make it through til the next morning. But lately, the song ringing in my head is Get Up. Because of course, after I made my determination last week, I had a particularly rough one. Surgery is a definate, Ray's progress is going backwards and I've had the most desperate longings for a house of my own since I've moved here, all while struggling to make ends meet this week. But each day is not about building on the success of the day before or letting its failures hang over your head the minute it leaves the pillow. The word of God says "take up your cross daily." It's about Ray's verse. Each day has enough trouble of its own. I can't go back and fix yesterday's flubs, at least in the sense of making it like they never happened. I simply have another oportunity to try again today.
If I get up I might fall back down again, so let's get up c'mon. If I get up might fall back down again, we get up anyway. But we'll just jump and see even if it's the 20th (30th, 40th...) time, we'll just jump and see if we can fly.
Oh that today is the day I fly!

5 comments:

number 5 said...

speaking of randomness... my responses:

make sure your butt kicking uses your left leg for the plant foot...

chumbawamba chumbawamba chumbawamba...

sing it natalie, with everything you've got... "I'M LIKE A BIRD..."

Sarah said...

And therefore my responses to your responses:
But if I plant with my left, I'm kicking with my right, and that won't turn out so well... saving butt kicking for later...

great. thanks... now that song is stuck in my head again...

I'm sure you mean Natalie Imbruglia, but Natalie Wood, please feel free to sing with everything you've got too... I'm sure it would make an interestig post on your blog!

Natalie said...

I do think that lyrics are powerful. I am listening to these lyrics right now "Now hang me up to dry, you wrung me out too, too, too many times."

As soon as I'm dry, I'll think about getting up.

Natalie said...

I am taking his comment as a second sign that the next silly short should be a musical.

Jennifer said...

Now I have Im like a bird in my head. For some reason it comes to mind often. Funny thing is, I want to fly away on most days LOL, You know if you kick with your other foot it will take your mind off the injured knee :)