CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remember...

Seven years and 1 week ago I came to this city hoping to make it big. Seven years and two days ago I celebrated my 24th birthday with my brother, my friend Rachel and my 'sort of' boyfriend (soon to be husband) Joe. I marked the day by going to the city, walking through the stores in the basement of the Trade Center with Joe while Steve and Rachel took the elevator to the top to see the amazing view. Seven years ago today, God kept me through one of the hardest days this country has ever endured. Seven years ago today God provided a way home from NYC even though I had no idea even how to get back across the water to Jersey. Seven years ago today I was in the palm of God's hand. Though seven years later now, so much has changed, I am still in the palm of God's hand. I have been planning to write more about my journey, but today is not the day. Today is the day simply to remember that He is God, I am not, and despite my crazy world, it is still His world and He is still in control. Pray for the families that still ache, the cities that are healing and the salvation of the nations. (thanks for the thoughts Steve...)

0 comments: