CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Burying in Vain

So the past couple of nights, Speedy has been taking great pains to return to his primal roots while maintaining his posh urban lifestyle. Since he can no longer jump up on our bed in the middle of the night, he's been attempting to bury his favorite bone all around the house, usually before he'll let himself (or us) lay down for the night. Last night, he decided to bury it in the recently unpacked toiletry bag right next to the bed:

Now, you may have noticed it was very easy for me to "uncover" his bone. He also has taken to burying himself as well:

He is not so easy to uncover all the time. But the point of this rambling is that how often I try to bury my problems and my feelings and it's usually in vain. And how often I bury who I really am, and that's not so easy to find when it's been buried for a while. Once again, I look at Speedy and I see myself. So I think I'll take a cue from him and chill out for a while.

3 comments:

number 5 said...

oooo - deep... or shallow??? :) good analogy

Natalie said...

it is a good analogy. and i like the pictures that go with it.

Sarah said...

Yeah, figured it was time for some Speedy pics to surface.