CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 4, 2008

12 Weeks

There's this sign down at our gym advertising a q&a session with a body builder lady who, according to the add, "changed her life" in 14 weeks. Now, I don't think she was huge to begin with, but I know she wasn't ripped like that. So I got to thinking, what could I do in a short span of time? 14 weeks is just over 3 months, so I shortened it to 12 weeks, which is 3 months. 3 months from next Monday is the day after my 6th wedding anniversary. (yeah, re-read that to make sure you got that right.) After speaking via e-mail with Angela, watching Danisia, and supporting Jennn, I've decided to see what I can do with myself, body, mind and spirit over the next 12 weeks. I'm using this week as a prep week, cleaning out cupboards and the fridge, planning meals. I'll start with a week or 2 of a sugar detox (only allowing natural sugars through fruits and such...) to try and weaken the hold my sweet tooth has on my life. I'm detoxing on the tv, using my DVR to its fullest, allowing myself to watch only the news and glenn in real time. I'll catch up on shows on the weekends when I can buzz through commercials. With admiration of Steve, I'm going to try and match his 2 books a month (FINALLY finished my way through the 5 1/2 book series of Hitchhikers Guide this weekend - homage to you, Nat!) I'm going to try and focus on being a better wife, a better friend, a better woman of God. I know. I've tried this before. I've given up before. I can't say I won't want to give up now. But as before, I know that the only thing holding me back from my destiny is me. So I can sit around and mope about getting old, or I can just kick my own butt and do it. We're having a big family thanksgiving in Ohio due to a new Boyd arrival in December, so that will be my marker. Will I show up at thanksgiving the same old mopey me? Or will I have some new breakthroughs to be thankful for. Here goes nothing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! And you'll have to let me know what you thought of that book. ;)

Anonymous said...

congradulations...on 6 years that is!!

I'm excited for you to take this big change in life. I have gotten on that wagen many times, and I seem without intention of falling off. But if you need some accountability give me a call and I'll help encourage you that you can do this. Let me know how it goes.
Kristy Z.

Jennifer said...

Girl you can do all things through God. Baby steps. I meet with Sue tonight. Looking forward to it.

number 5 said...

lol - so it takes me about a week to catch up on blog reading post camp... oops - "a little progress every day" - that's been my thing lately :) praying that God shows you some good stuff during this time!