CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 11, 2008

And So It Begins

My prep week wasn't that good. I was moody, felt terrible and ate whatever I wanted, including all the wrong things. Today is presenting itself as more of the same. We didn't go to bed until 2am last night because we'd committed to picking up the Colorado team from the airport. They were originally scheduled to get in at 11pm, but lovely delays from weather, and yeah... I'm getting a bit of a late start but my day isn't as hectic as it usually could be so I'm taking it bit by bit. Had a great long afternoon with a friend last week, and told her about this plan, and her question for me was why did I want to be a different person. And that made me think some, I think it's more about being the best me that I can rather than being a different person. So that's what I'm meditating on for now. And I'm concentrating on not beating up myself for mistakes. I've given myself so little room for error before that I would end up going off the deep end if something went minutely wrong. So that's where I am today. Been watching the Olympics, so strangely, I'm feeling a bit more like anything is possible (props to the men's relay team). Also, I have been encouraged by Jennn (props for sticking to your goals while on vacay! Enjoy the time). And welcome home to Steve when he finally wakes up today. Those first couple of days home after camp are always a bit rough. We'll make it through together!
My stomach is starting to growl, so I'm going to grab some non-sugared breakfast! Keep praying folks!

1 comments:

Angela said...

OMG--Im so sorry! I havent been able to check my blog because my wireless internet has been down, and I didn't know you were starting the detox so soon--I havent been supportive!!! lol. Ok, got that out. Well, Im so excited for you. I know you are going to feel hell the first few days (or the whole first week) but believe me, no PAIN, no GAIN. It's a true statement.

Love you and best of luck!
stay away from honey--unless u find one that's completely organic and has no preservtives or added sweeteners/substitutes in it!
=)

--Angela